Early Years Lead
Main / Upper Pay Scale plus TLR 2 ?2,640
Required from September 2017 for one year
Our Academy is looking to recruit a temporary Early Years Lead to cover a period of maternity leave.
As this is a temporary contract to cover maternity leave there is the option of applying for a permanent Teacher post (please see advert for Teacher vacancy) to be your substantive position to revert to at the end of the temporary contract. If you wish to pursue this option please make this known on your application.
The successful applicant will work in a strong and committed phase team within our wider staff team and will benefit from the wider professional opportunities available working for a Northern Education Trust Academy. This is an excellent opportunity to develop wider leadership skills and take a leading role in moving our Early Years on its journey to outstanding.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Is passionate about pupil learning, progress and well-being with a commitment to the development of the whole child;
- Is experienced teaching Early Years;
- Demonstrates real enthusiasm and commitment to developing a dynamic and outstanding Early Years provision;
- Is able to develop and involve others within the team to ensure a shared vision for the Early Years;
- Is skilled in analysing and evaluating a wide range of information, including data, to inform forward planning for further improvement;
- Is able to effectively develop strong links with parents and external agencies;
- Embraces the vision and the caring, nurturing ethos of our academy;
- Has excellent teaching, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Is an effective professional role model within and beyond the classroom and plays an active role in the wider life of our academy.
We can offer you:
- Wonderful children who have a huge potential and who deserve the very best opportunities;
- Supportive, dedicated colleagues and governors who care passionately about our school and local community;
- High quality professional development including through the Northern Education Trust
Visits to the Academy are welcomed and can be arranged by telephoning the academy.
Norton Primary is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure.
Application forms and further details are available from Nicola Ironside, on 01642 356091 or [email protected] and should be returned to the Principal Susan Dawson.
Closing date: Thursday 16th March
Interviews: Week beginning 27th March